One Sunny Day Initiatives
Founded in 2007, OSDI educates the public about the consequences of the
use of nuclear weapons and plants seeds of peace, hope and reconciliation
among people of the world, through educational presentations and cultural exchange programs. View photos
Find out more about OSDI and how you can help...
New from OSDI...
Hideko to Japan in August
- Participating in Hiroshima's
70th Year ceremonies
- Invited to open International Children's Peace Conference
- Appointed Ambassador of Peace for City of Hiroshima
When a Peace Tree Blooms
A picture book for all ages,
about creating peace in the world
Audio book & T-shirt also available!
Order now >
One Sunny Day
Newly expanded edition to be released soon.
Click here for details.
Hideko Tamura Snider
Since 1979, Hideko Tamura Snider has been interviewed on radio and TV, and
has appeared before professional organizations, university classes, and community
groups across the United States and in her native Japan, telling her story
and working toward peace and nuclear nonproliferation.
Read more about her work...
Upcoming OSDI Events
- July 28, 2015 | Pacific Rim Youth Exchange on Peace (Ashland, OR)
- August 6, 2015 | International Children's Peace Conference (Hiroshima, Japan)
- August 6-9, 2015 | Hiroshima/Nagasaki Vigil (Ashland, OR)
- October 22, 2015 | SCARC at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR)
- January 2016 | Rotary World Peace Conference (CA)